Inspiring Quotes to Help You Stay Sober
A person going through recovery experiences many highs and lows. These highs and lows continue throughout the rest of their life in an effort to stay sober. It’s not easy to change to a new lifestyle of sobriety. But, it’s extremely worth it. Many days occur where there is low motivation to stay sober. Therapy, professional treatment, and other healthy support systems are good to turn to when someone needs help with their sobriety. Hopefully, these inspirational quotes serve as motivation to stay sober.
1. “The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new.” ~Socrates
This quote is a great reminder for you to stop dwelling on all the pain of your past. The past can’t be changed but you can make a difference in your life now. Don’t live in the past, live in the present moment. When you put all your energy into living your life now all the bad things of your past lose their control over you.
2. “If something is important enough, even if the odds are against you, you should still do it.” ~ Elon Musk
There are going to be people that don’t believe in you. People that think you can’t stay sober. But, you know how important your sobriety is and you will prove everyone wrong. You will stay sober against all odds because it’s important to you.
3. “The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.” ~Alice Walker
You have all the power within yourself to stay sober. Believe in yourself, in your recovery, in your sobriety. Then, good things will happen.
4. “Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” ~Confucius
Sometimes we fall down, take a step backward, or fail at something we worked really hard for. No good comes from beating yourself up over your failures. It’s okay to fall as long as you get back up.
5. “When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.” ~Paulo Coelho
A big part of staying sober is to want it with all your might. When you work hard for your sobriety the results show. The people around you and the universe see the progress you make and will help you further that progress. All you have to do is make that choice, that sobriety is the thing you want more than anything.
6. “Nothing is impossible, the word itself says ‘I’m possible’!” ~Audrey Hepburn
When recovery happens impossible should leave your vocabulary. At the beginning, and maybe even years down the line, staying sober might seem impossible in certain situations. But, as you see yourself manage to stay sober time and time again you start to realize how possible it is to keep your sobriety for life. Staying sober is not impossible, you can do it!
7. “You were sick, but now you’re well again, and there’s work to do.” ~Kurt Vonnegut
Nobody said that sobriety would be easy. It does require a lot of effort on the sober person’s part. Sobriety won’t just happen, you have to work on it every day. But, you know that you and your sobriety are worth the hard work.
8. “You must do the things you think you cannot do.” ~Eleanor Roosevelt
You have been through the worst of it and survived. You can get through your recovery, you can stay sober through the good times and the bad times. All you have to believe in yourself. You can do anything, just push aside your fear and do it!
9. “Do the best you can until you know better. Then when you know better, do better.” ~Maya Angelou
You don’t have to be perfect. As humans we all make mistakes, and that is okay. You can only try your best and that is enough. As time goes by you will learn how to tackle your sobriety in better ways. People learn and grow more every day.
10. “When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” ~Henry Ford
There are going to be hard times when you’re trying to stay sober. Some situations will be difficult to get through. Some people won’t make sobriety easy for you either. But, all this resistance will make your sobriety stronger as you find yourself staying sober through it all. When everything’s against you, believe in yourself to make it through the other side drug and alcohol-free.
While these inspirational quotes may be a great motivation for staying sober, it’s also wise to seek out professional help when you need it. Don’t hesitate to give us a call at 844-281-3116 to help you with your recovery today.