What to Bring to Rehab
This Is What You Should Take and Not Take To Rehab
- Driver’s license
- Insurance card
- Social security card and/or passport
- Jeans (no rips)
- Shorts (5” or longer)
- Short-sleeved shirts are recommended. Most people in the winter months feel comfortable in long sleeved shirts and/or a sweatshirt.
- Yoga pants, modest workout clothes (for example, sweats)
- Bathing suit (one piece for women, swim shorts for men)
- One dress outfit (button down long sleeve shirt, slacks, dress shoes, khaki’s, skirt and blouse, etc).
- Sneakers and low heeled shoes are highly recommended. No heels over 2” are permitted. Shoes and/or slippers must be worn outside of your living quarters. Bare feet are not permitted.
- Lightweight jackets or sweaters
- Laundry rooms are available for your convenience. Ironing boards and irons are provided.
- Razor or electric razor (no straight edge razors)
- Personal hair appliances, if desired
- Shampoo and conditioner
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Shaving cream
- Mouthwash without alcohol
- Cigarettes in closed packs only
- Detailed list of medications
- Appropriate books and magazines
- Co-payments for prescribed medications (cash or credit card to be placed on account)
- If you “Vape,” all supplies must be in closed containers. You may purchase supplies when you arrive as well.
- If needed, prescribed medications will be ordered by Meridian medical staff and obtained through a local pharmacy. Medications prescribed in detox will be evaluated by medical staff.
- All personal property not considered appropriate will be locked up in the personal property room.
DO NOT BRING
- Vitamins, herbs, medicinal preparations, opened medications
- Exercise equipment
- Laptops, cameras, or electronic games
- Food, chewing gum, candy, etc.
- Jewelry, excessive make-up or seductive clothing (no bare midriffs, short shorts, or halter tops, for example).
- Alcohol-containing products (No hand sanitizers containing alcohol, for example).
- T-shirts or baseball hats with foul language, racial slurs, or inappropriate pictures or words
- Fans, pillows, comforters, blankets
- Stuffed animals
- Shoe polish, detergents, cleaning supplies
- Perfumes, perfumed lotions, facial toner, aftershaves
- Craft materials
- Rolling papers, smokeless tobacco (no dipping), pipes, cigars
- Controlled medications or illegal drugs are NOT to be brought to the facility.